While we looove Taco Tuesdays, sometimes it’s good to switch it up a bit. So, let’s take a moment to celebrate the taco’s sister: Quesadilla!
Just as versatile, but oozing cheesy goodness, the quesadilla is Mexico’s answer to pizza. All it takes to make a quesadilla is 2 tortillas, your favorite cheese, and fillings of your choice.
Pictured above is one of our favorites: Crab Quesadilla with Mango Salsa. It’s comforting, yet refreshing and always in season. But don’t take our word for it. Try it for yourself:
- 3 mangos, diced small
- 1 red pepper, diced small
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, diced small (remove seeds first)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- ¼ cup of cilantro, chopped
- For a little extra spice, add a dash or 2 of cayenne pepper
Combine ingredients in a medium to large bowl and place in your refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Flour tortillas
- Swiss Emmental cheese
- Fresh crab meat
- Green onion, chopped